- SFGreasecycle announced, a free program where the city will pick up used cooking oil from restaurants/hotels/etc., to be converted to biodiesel for the city's 1500-diesel vehicle fleet
- is partially in response to illegal grease/sewer dumping, which costs the city ~$3.5M to clean each year
- is part of the city's mandate that all its diesel vehicles use B20 by end of 2007; this'll reduce CO2 emissions by 15% and diesel soot by 20%
- SFGreasecycle is the first stage; later they'll look into building their own production plant
- Program website: http://www.sfgreasecycle.org/
News and information about Biodiesel & alternative fuels.
Free San Francisco Grease Recycling
Great news from San Francisco earlier this week, in the Chronicle: